- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
The Systems Engineer will demonstrate Systems Engineering domain expertise and skills related to embedded software and hardware development throughout the entire Systems development lifecycle. You will be responsible for developing systems architecture, requirements, systems design, verification and validation, while satisfying FAA regulatory requirements like DO-178C (level D). You must be self-motivated, willing to learn, detail-oriented, and able to work collaboratively with others in a process centric environment. In addition, you will:
- Develop proficient product knowledge and application.
- Provide design and specification development support
- Collaborate with the development teams to establish solution architectures for our product suite and the needs of our customers
- Respond to functional and technical elements of customer requests for proposals and information
- Support sales activities with technical presentations, requirements definition, and architecture for proposals
- Listen to, understand and convey customer requirements.
- Provide technical oversight to ensure developed solutions satisfy customer and business requirements
- Proactively initiate engagement with support groups for review concurrence and compliance in Hardware, Software, Quality Assurance, Safety, Reliability, Maintainability & Testability, Manufacturing, and Test
- Travel to project sites to preform start-up, integration, and training services.
- Document all aspects of the project details and maintain a constant communication flow with support groups, management and executives to ensure all stakeholders stay current.
- Resolve customer issues or difficulties in a manner that is consistent with the company mission, values, and financial objectives.
- Maintain professional business relationships within internal support organizations and target accounts.
- Provide status of ongoing projects and future projects.
- Identify customer's needs and sales opportunities to help future growth.
- BS in Engineering from an accredited college or university, or equivalent with a minimum of 2 years of experience in an engineering role.
- Ability to travel 10%
- Only current employees within the Aviation Avionics Engineering Organization will be considered
- Solid understanding of Avionics power, data bus, and other electrical interfaces
- Ability to perform system design trade studies
- Knowledge of embedded processing technologies including micro-controllers, micro-processors, and system-on-chip devices
- Read architectural, mechanical and electrical drawings and have a solid understanding of electrical and mechanical systems.
- Effective communication, Interpersonal and organizational skills
- Experience in Flight Data Recorders (FDR) and Cockpit Voice Recorders (CVR)
- Experience within the hardware domain and embedded software design
- Proven track record with product development
- Experience working on projects with a requirement for RTCA/DO-254, RTCA/DO-178B/C, DO-160 or equivalent
- Familiarity with Military interface and environmental standards such as MIL-STD-1553, MIL-STD-1760, MIL-STD-461, and MIL-STD-810
- Experience with engineering tools such as Dimensions, DOORS, or Enterprise Architect
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening. GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this.
- This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
At GE Aviation Systems, we invent the future of flight, lift people up and bring them home safely. As key players in the aerospace industry, you'll find yourself in a dynam
- Full time
Posted 2 Aug 2022
Closes 1 Sep 2022
This job was posted to: Product support