Engineer - Mechanical Component
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Westchester, California, United States
At GE, we are always searching for great talent. We have multiple positions available today and you may be contacted to discuss all potential opportunities for employment.
Roles and Responsibilities
- With technical guidance execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects, with guidance from senior engineering resources, using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements.
- Have high levels of interaction with and exposure to engineers from multiple disciplines, manufacturing & quality, and regularly exposed to commodity and industry experts all while promoting open and honest dialogue.
- At least twice a year, with opportunities for more frequent, travel to manufacturing sites to gain practical knowledge of manufacturing.
- Execute the engineering analysis and evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles to improve manufacturability and technical robustness of assigned components.
- Use engineering judgement and experience to challenge entrenched processes and methodology to recommend improvements.
- Utilize knowledge of engineering & manufacturing, analytical thinking, and technical experience to execute on technically complex projects to meet technical requirements and business goals under mentorship of senior engineers.
- Lead technical projects with low to moderate complexity through collaboration with field and industry experts.
- Provide support to repair development, producibility improvements, hardware delivery and vendor qualifications.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in Mechanical, Aerospace, or closely related field of Engineering
- This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Previous experience in design of Aerospace components.
- Previous experience in manufacturing, especially of Aerospace components.
- Flexible and friendly approach to working in teams.
- Experience with Ansys and Unigraphics.
- Certification in ASME Y14 or practical experience with GD&T.
- Interest in being a self-starter with a passion for problem solving and driving solutions, while constantly learning and mentoring others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
- Established project management skills.
- Fundamental understanding of turbomachinery system design
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 2 Aug 2022
Closes 1 Sep 2022
This job was posted to: Aircraft mechanic