Senior Engineering Project Manager - Computing Interface Products
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Pinellas Park, Florida, United States
The CIPS EPM will provide business and technical direction for the development of aviation-based computing systems. The CIPS EPM will establish and communicate business goals to team members and key stakeholders. This role requires strong analytical, problem solving, written and oral communication skills. Expectations are that the CIPS EPM must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, willing to learn, and able to work collaboratively with others in a process-centric environment.
In addition, the CIPS EPM will:
- Lead an Integrated Project Team (IPT) as it develops PCS Computing Products.
- Perform project execution including planning, schedule, cost, technical, risk and quality.
- Communicate effectively with the customer and convey their concerns to the rest of the team.
- Manage and convey the status and performance of the project systems team to key internal GE stakeholders including program, business, and technical management.
- Demonstrate domain expertise in aviation computing products.
- Proactively initiate engagement across the IPT and serve as a technical / financial leader for projects across global cross-functional teams (customers, program management, technical experts, software, systems, hardware, safety, and applications engineering teams) assuring "cradle to grave" success.
- Maintain expert level of product knowledge and application.
- Act as a mentor for other team members ensuring the core team builds its strength.
- Travel to project sites to interface with IPT members and customers.
- Document aspects of the project details and maintain a constant communication flow with support groups, management, and executives to ensure all stakeholders stay current.
- Resolve customer issues or difficulties in a manner that is consistent with the company mission, values, and financial objectives.
- Maintain professional business relationships within internal support organizations and target accounts.
- Provide status and metrics of ongoing projects and future projects.
- Identify customer needs and sales opportunities to help future growth.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or engineering field
- Minimum of 5 years engineering project experience
- Ability to work in a cross-functional, global environment.
- Project estimation and bidding experience.
- Experience with Deltek Open Plan and other financial management tools.
- Project management certification.
- Familiarity with aspects of aviation and avionics systems engineering including standard like SAE ARP-4754A, DO-178B/C, DO-297, and DO-254.
- Familiarity with GE Aviation Avionics internal engineering and business standards.
- Familiarity with military products and end customers.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance that begins on the first day of employment
- Permissive time off policy for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Bonus Plan Eligible
- And more!
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening. GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this.
- This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
At GE Aviation Sy
- Full time
Posted 2 Aug 2022
Closes 1 Sep 2022
This job was posted to: Project manager