Large Military and Derivative Engines - Fluid Systems Engineer
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
The Engineer contributes to the design and development of products, solutions and systems. Includes activities linked to technical improvement of existing products and components. The role is focused on execution of activities within an operating discipline covered by standard functional practices and procedures. Some judgment may be required but with guidance from senior team members.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Execute the design, analysis, and evaluation of pumps, actuators, and mechanical controls for our legacy military and derivative products.
- Use sound engineering principles and adhere to business standards, practices, procedures, and product & program requirements.
- Developing in-depth knowledge of a fluid system controls and mechanical design.
- Reviews designs & consults with senior technical leaders for evaluation of work.
- This role will require sound interpersonal skills to develop strong internal and external customer relationships by serving as an interface point within GE.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering, or a related field, from an accredited University or College.
- A minimum of 0-3 years of experience in an engineering position
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a US DoD security clearance
- Experience with pumps, actuators, or valves.
- Passionate receiving mentorship
- Able to work both in a team and individually
- Master's Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Complex component, module, or systems level analysis and/or hardware expertise
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 2 Aug 2022
Closes 1 Sep 2022
This job was posted to: Product support