Staff Software Engineer
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Cincinnati, Indiana, United States
Roles and Responsibilities:
In this role, you will:
- Apply software design patterns and architecture best practices.
- Review and approve pull requests of peers.
- Write and maintain technical documentation.
- Execute and automate operational processes fast, accurately and securely.
- Provide solutions to increase visualization, reduce occurrences of errors and improve customer experience.
- Acting efficiently through teams, eliminating duplications and taking advantage of the reuse of products and technology.
- Be a reference of quality in product development, coding standards, and support.
- Share information with the team with the appropriate level of detail; your collaboration with other developers is expected to be impeccable.
- Follow emerging technologies and trends to improve new and legacy applications.
- Design, manage, and troubleshoot database systems.
- Use Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery methodologies.
- Familiar with Agile development methodologies and practices including Scrum, Kanban, and MVP.
- Execute in a fast pace delivery mode and focus in delivering tasks to meet the product release goal
- Demonstrate the ability to make informed technology choices after due diligence and impact assessment
- Understand whole product, its modules and the interrelationship between them while being an expert in the assigned component or module
- Articulate the need for scalability and understand the importance of improving quality through testing.
- Drive design reviews, define interfaces between code modules, and applies existing technology to designs
- Be an expert in assessing application performance and optimizing/improving it through design and best coding practices
- Be an expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language of choice
- Be responsible for providing technical leadership and defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with a minimum of 6 years of experience
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
Required Technical Expertise:
- 2+ years of Vue, Angular or React development.
- Experience with VSCode, RestAPIs, SQL, Postgres, Unit Tests, ORM's, Swagger, HTTP, JWT, and troubleshooting network connectivity.
- Linux experience and at least one scripting/programming language such as Python.
- Demonstrate initiative to explore alternative technologies and have great problem-solving skills.
- Using analytics to catch errors, understand adoption, scalability and performance.
- Ability to identify and apply software design patterns.
- Complex deployment system allowing the release of multiple branches in parallel for testing or staged releases.
- Required experience with at least one cloud environment such as Azure, AWS.
- Knowledge of version control system like GIT and GitHub.
Desired Technical Expertise:
- Preferred experience in AWS: SQS, Lambda, S3, ECS, IAM, CloudWatch.
- Experience with ETL Technologies: AWS Glue, Airflow, Databricks, DMS, Snowflake, HVR, Talend, Informatica, etc.
- Experience with Data Technologies: Redshift, Kafka, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, SQL, etc.
- 2+ years of Python development.
- Experience with: Docker, Vite, Vitest, Vueify, ESLint, Nestjs.
- Strong problem solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments
- Experience in building scalable and highly available
- Full time
Posted 2 Aug 2022
Closes 1 Sep 2022
This job was posted to: Software engineer