Experienced Product Definition Engineer - Standards and Methods
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
- Participate on team to implement improvement and updates to existing standards, tools and processes for product definition
- Propose new standards, tools and processes as needed for new manufacturing and engineering processes (e.g. additive)
- Ensure the new and updated standards, tools and processes preserves the integrity of our product definition for certification / qualification for all changes
- Validate that new and updated standards and processes meet the requirements of CCM-1 and other configuration management requirements
- Provide guidance and interpretation for the application of the product definition standards
- Support execution of standards changes to the standard library and testing for new or enhanced tools
- Ensure standards, tool and process updates address legacy as well as future product definition
- Work within the guidelines of applicable GE Policies & Procedures, Engineering Standards, Specifications, Government and Commercial Standards, and special security requirements
- Continuously challenge self and team skills in functional area
- Concurrently manage multiple projects to ensure program cost, quality and schedule requirements are met
- Active participation in short and long-term team, section and/or business goals focused on continuous improvement and simplification
- Utilize Lean principles to drive improvements to current business products and processes
- Provide technical leadership for team members in the form of training, mentoring, talent development, and work verification
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Product Definition Engineering.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
- Established project management skills.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 2 Aug 2022
Closes 1 Sep 2022
This job was posted to: Product support