Technical Product Manager
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
We're looking for a professional with a technical background and a go-getter attitude.
Technical Product Manager is responsible to plan and implement Digital platforms to enable an innovation within an Industry 4.0. Avio Aero digital strategy is aimed to improve the current landscape of shop floor applications, introducing elements of modernization and standardization at Bielsko Biala site level as well other factories belonging to Avio Aero & GE Aviation business.
Partner with business functions (global supply chain, engineering, hr, finance etc) to establish a product vision and a product innovation. Collaboration across the Digital Technology teams to ensure alignment on technologies will be equally important to be successful in this role.
These, as all other activities, must be performed seeking for synergy with the horizontal structures within GE Aviation.
Avio Aero, A GE Aviation Business - is the leading company in the aeronautic business sector for the design, manufacturing and maintenance of components and systems for civil and military aero engines. With more than 5,500 employees, Avio Aero is present in the entire life cycle of the product, from the design and planning phase to that of production and services.
We are an international organization, focused on continuous development and improvement. We foster a culture that welcomes what distinguishes us to enable people to reach their full potential. Our employees associated within different community groups help us to ensure, promote and empower diversity - the best driver of innovation.
At the Avio Aero plant in Bielsko-Biala we manufacture low pressure turbine components designed in our Engineering Center. We also design, develop and support entire lifecycle of many other components, sub-systems and modules of aeroengines, including accessory and power gearboxes, rotating parts and structures. Our products are installed in the engines used in most well-known types of aircrafts, such as: Boeing Apply-8, 787 Dreamliner, Airbus A320, Textron 220, Comac C919 and exploited in the most key airlines like Qatar, American Airlines, Emirates, Brithis Airways, AirFrance, United Airlines, Japan Airlines, LOT, Lufthansa, Cargolux or NCA.
In this role, you will:
- Review, recommend and implement Industry 4.0 initiatives and tools to support operations, including machines and process monitoring, data analytics, advanced vision systems with artificial intelligence, augmented reality, ERP enhancements & others.
- Lead the strategy and development of a robust and innovative Internet of Things (IoT) ecosystem, including defining platform requirements and customer experience.
- Analyze and implement various products, tools, and software, to improve operations' productivity and quality.
- Work as focal point for Bielsko Biala plant for specific initiatives
- Drive certain global initiatives which scope goes beyond Bielsko Biala factory
- Partner with Business Leaders and Users to identify needs, evaluate how to improve business processes, delivering the proper Digital solutions.
- Ensure alignment with the rest of GE Aviation and the Horizontals within GE DT function.
- Develop key Business process knowledge.
- Provide the expected technical support to the Shop Floor tools and applications guaranteeing platforms evolution and innovation.
- Be responsible for project initiation and completion, guaranteeing time / cost targets and a continuous alignment with business objectives and priorities.
- Manage budgets associated with project deployment.
- Establish strong relationships with DT counterparts across the org, Europe and US based.
- Manage and coordinate technology suppliers guaranteeing that all the deliverables provided are aligned with the targets agreed.
- Apply proper Project Management methodologies (i.e., Fastwork, Agile and Scrum).
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering Bachelor's degree.
- Experience with information technologies and their implementation, particularly in Product Development related to Manufacturing, Quality and Maintenance Processes.
- Ability to exploit Industry 4.0 and new technologies to improve internal productivity, innovate the Shop Floor and allow data collection aimed at the implementation of predictive algorithms for Maintenance/Quality
- Knowledge on FOG / Connectivity Infrastructure (IoT communication protocols, IoT FOG platforms).
- Understand and analyse data
- Full time
- Boeing 777-200 / 300
Posted 2 Aug 2022
Closes 1 Sep 2022
This job was posted to: Product support