Engineer - Mechanical Component
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Roles and Responsibilities
- With technical guidance execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects in Structures/Rotor domain, with guidance from senior engineering resources, using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
- Have high levels of interaction with and exposure to engineers from multiple disciplines, manufacturing & quality, and regularly exposed to commodity and industry experts all while promoting open and honest dialogue
- Execute the engineering analysis and evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles to improve manufacturability and technical robustness of assigned components
- Use engineering judgement and experience to challenge entrenched processes and methodology to recommend improvements
- Utilize knowledge of engineering & manufacturing, analytical thinking, and technical experience to execute on technically complex projects to meet technical requirements and business goals under mentorship of senior engineers
- Lead technical projects with low to moderate complexity through collaboration with field and industry experts
- Provide support to repair development, producibility improvements, hardware delivery and vendor qualifications
- PhD / MTech / MS / BE from an accredited university or college in Mechanical, Aerospace, or closely related field of Engineering
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a relevant engineering role with Mechanical Design of Aviation Engines or Turbo machinery components
- Basic understanding of engineering and/or manufacturing fundamentals
- Previous experience in design of Aerospace components or gas turbine components
- Previous experience in manufacturing, especially of Aerospace components
- Flexible and friendly approach to working in teams
- Experience with Ansys and Unigraphics
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- High self-confidence
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
- Established project management skills.
- Fundamental understanding of turbine system design
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Disclosure of your Gender or Sexual orientation is completely Voluntary and not mandatory.
- Full time
Posted 2 Aug 2022
Closes 1 Sep 2022
This job was posted to: Aircraft mechanic