- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Westchester, California, United States
Quality Technician will be responsible for the daily execution of assigned tasks and projects. This individual will be self-directed working within defined parameters and work plans to meet day-to-day and short term objectives of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
Essential Functions (Responsibilities):
The Quality Technician will:
• Inspect prototype and low - rate production hardware and transition new, turn - key processes into Supply Chain shops
• Operate full - scale equipment such as: CMMs, profilometers, and CT scanners
• Effectively use metrology tools such as micrometers, calipers, and bore gauges
• Utilize advanced inspection techniques (CMM programing, airflow, farro arm, etc...)
• Gather, record, compile, and interpret quality control data
• Maintain calibration of gauges
• Conduct experiments and inspections on assignment processes, working with engineers and leadership to develop and document process improvements
• Take ownership for assigned lab areas including maintaining equipment, ordering supplies, environmental health and safety, and shop cleanliness
• Work from complex product drawings, manuals, specifications, and other customer / company requirements
• Perform first article, in-process and final part inspection.
• Support Continuous Improvement activities and methods. (ie. RCCA, supplier quality control)
• Document non-conformities, process issues and disposition
• Participate in internal audit activities (specific to work area and scope of work)
• Support manufacturing engineering and quality systems during quality control activities. (at final inspection)
• Collect and input process capability data and support QC process control such as SPC, Gage R&R etc..
• Experience in Quality and /or inspection
• Meet High school diploma / GED
• Technically skilled to communicate at all levels of management (engineering and operations)
• Highly self-motivated.
• Detailed oriented mindset.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and in teams
• Advance knowledge with Inspection process and Additive Machines desirable
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 2 Aug 2022
Closes 1 Sep 2022
This job was posted to: Quality control