Business Analyst Corporate
- easyJet - 59 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/easyjet/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/c8af808d-5d02-4385-abe7-72a5b3b45582131202433215856711.png
Greater London, England
The Business Analysts are a key interface between Business, IT, Data and Change Partners. They are responsible for collaborating with Partners to plan their approach and activities, inform and influence the discovery and prioritisation of change, establish business needs, define and manage requirements within agreed timelines and quality standards, support solution assessment and scoping, define and model business and functional processes and support the design, build, test and delivery of new products and services which realise the desired outcomes of EasyJet.
- Plan and agree your approach and activities with Partners in alignment with expected standards.
- Collaborate with Partners and support the assessment and prioritisation of new requests for change by ensuring alignment with EasyJet's strategic priorities.
- Analyse, define or model the AS-IS using appropriate techniques highlighting the interactions between people, processes, technologies and data along with the problems and/or opportunities associated.
- Establish and define the business needs in terms of goals, objectives and desired outcomes and align with EasyJet's strategic priorities.
- Establish, define or model the desired TO-BE using appropriate modelling techniques highlighting the capabilities required or to be changed.
- Identify and define all business and technology constraints, policies and rules.
- Elicit and clearly define, validate, structure and agree all stakeholder, functional, non-functional and transitional requirements to the agreed standard and expected quality.
- Ensure the requirements and the scope of the solution is clear and understood by all affected Partners and approved by decision makers.
- Manage and maintain the traceability and prioritisation of requirements using appropriate techniques.
- Transition requirements into User Stories and support Product Owners in Agile scrum product backlog refinement, planning and delivery.
- Manage all changes to scope and requirements.
- Support service design and transition activities.
- Support solution design, build, configuration and delivery.
- Support the accuracy of test planning, test case and script definition.
- Support all phases of testing ensuring the solution will meet requirements and realise the desired outcomes.
- Support the assessment of solution problems and the management and resolution of defects.
- Support the definition and communication of new operating models and operational business processes.
- Support business change and the operational readiness of Partners to adopt change escalating concerns where applicable.
- Support the delivery and early life support of solutions.
- Share knowledge and reusable artefacts with teams and across the BA community.
- Actively participate in EasyJet's BA community.
- Regularly develop your competencies and expertise as a Business Analyst.
- Ownership and Delivery . Has a clear focus to deliver results, working to targets, reviewing progress and adapting their plans accordingly, motivating themselves/the team to achieve.
- Building relationships . Have good working relationships with business stakeholders and users, wider IT function and third party suppliers
- Business Performance . Understands business and external environment, is cost conscious and understands the longer term perspective and implications of decisions
- Innovation and Change . Is open to new ways of doing things and questions existing approaches, views change as an opportunity, comfortable working in a dynamic and ambiguous environment
- Customer and Shareholder Value . Understands who their customers are and seeks to exceed their needs, focussing on the importance of safety for both customers and employees.
- Full time
Posted 30 Jul 2022
Closes 29 Aug 2022
This job was posted to: Airline IT