Lead Procurement Manager - Engineering & Maintenance
- easyJet - 54 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/easyjet/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/c8af808d-5d02-4385-abe7-72a5b3b45582131202433215856711.png
Greater London, England
LEAD PROCUREMENT MANAGER - Engineering and Maintenance
When it comes to innovation and achievement there are few organisations with a better track record. Join us and you'll be able to play a big part in the success of the next stage of our journey, with a fast-paced business that opens up Europe so people can connect and explore. With over 300 aircraft flying over 1000 routes to more than 30 countries, we're the UK's largest airline, the fourth largest in Europe, and the tenth largest in the world. Flying over 96 million passengers a year, we employ over 14,000 people. It's big-scale stuff and we're still growing.
The Procurement Team manage a significant proportion of the total easyJet external spend which in FY22 is expected to amount to £1Billion per annum, covering Customer, Operations including Ground Handling, Commercial, Business, Corporate, Finance, People and IT functions. The Lead Procurement Manager reports to the Senior Manager - Procurement, PSP and Policy.
- The Lead Procurement Manager is allocated a portfolio of spend to which he/she produces and delivers a Procurement Category Plan - this Lead Procurement Manager role will be accountable for Engineering and Maintenance
- In order to deliver the Procurement Category Plan, the Lead Procurement Manager will be required to complete spend and market analysis, stakeholder and supplier engagement plans, lead full tender processes including template drafting both for existing contracts and new requirements, and manage supplier relationships to ensure that easyJet receive best value from its expenditure
- Be a proactive business partner to their respective category to provide all procurement support and advice necessary to achieve the strategic objectives of easyJet
- Promote great SRM and take an active role in SRM for the strategic suppliers in their category
- Develop and implement clear short / mid / long term strategies to drive value on the allocated category of spend
- Influence a range of key internal stakeholders to support and buy in to chosen strategy
- Build relationships at board level with suppliers to leverage easyJet's strategic importance, and subsequently negotiate charges that secure competitive advantage
- Identify appropriate sourcing, through a balanced scorecard approach, to best meet easyJet's requirements
- Manage the tender process, negotiation and subsequent contracting for service/product provision
- Drive continuous improvement within the supply base, and deliver a pipeline of value engineering projects to reduce easyJet spend
- Monitor actual financial performance against plan, and investigate / explain variances appropriately
- Work closely with the Business Area to agree clear service specifications to meet business requirements
- Support supplier relationship management policies to ensure consistent practises and develop supplier relationships
- Leverages knowledge of revenue models and supplier capability to identify new and improved revenue
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS AND TARGETS
- Reduce cost base
- Improve value proposition
- Deliver best in class contract terms and act to minimise risk in easyJet supply base and delivery
- Improve supplier service and performance
- Promote and support SRM
- Non seat Revenue targets as supported by commercial 3rd party contracts
- Increase revenue for given area by an agreed target each FY
- Ownership and Delivery. Has a clear focus to deliver results, working to targets, reviewing progress and adapting their plans accordingly, motivating themselves/the team to achieve.
- Customer and Shareholder Value. Understands who their customers are and seeks to exceed their needs, focussing on the importance of safety for both customers and employees.
- Innovation and Change. Is open to new ways of doing things and questions existing approaches, views change as an opportunity, comfortable working in a dynamic and ambiguous environment.
- Building Relationships. Expresses ideas confidently and clearly, builds positive and constructive relationships with others, gets to know colleagues within their own team and supports them to ensure team goals are achieved.
- Full time
Posted 28 Jul 2022
Closes 27 Aug 2022
This job was posted to: Licensed aircraft engineer