Senior Engineer - Mechanical Component
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Cincinnati, Indiana, United States
In this role, an engineer will impact methodologies, projects and programs in the functional area or affected business organization , impacts quality, efficiency and effectiveness of own team, and has significant input into team priorities. Guided by professional practices and policies that are shaped by the role.
This role has moderate autonomy, requiring high levels of operational judgment.
At GE, we are always searching for great talent. We have multiple positions available today and you may be contacted to discuss all potential opportunities for employment.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects, with guidance from senior engineering resources, using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements.
- Have high levels of interaction with and exposure to engineers from multiple disciplines, manufacturing & quality, and regularly exposed to commodity and industry experts all while promoting open and honest dialogue.
- At least twice a year, with opportunities for more frequent, travel to manufacturing sites to gain practical knowledge of manufacturing.
- Execute the engineering analysis and evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles to improve manufacturability and technical robustness of assigned components.
- Use engineering judgement and experience to challenge entrenched processes and methodology to recommend improvements.
- Utilize in-depth knowledge of engineering & manufacturing, analytical thinking, and technical experience to execute on technically complex projects to meet technical requirements and business goals with minimal technical oversight.
- Lead technical projects with moderate to high levels of complexity through collaboration with field and industry experts.
- Provide support to repair development, producibility improvements, hardware delivery and vendor qualifications.
- Act as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Bachelor's of Engineering degree from an accredited university or college
- Minimum 7 years of experience in a relevant engineering role.
- This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Masters Degree in Engineering or related field
- Previous experience in design of Aviation components.
- Previous experience in manufacturing, especially of Aerospace components.
- Flexible and friendly approach to working in teams.
- Significant Experience with Ansys and Unigraphics.
- Certification in ASME Y14 or practical experience with GD&T.
- Documented experience of being a self-starter with a passion for problem solving and driving solutions, while constantly learning and mentoring others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
- Established project management skills.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
- Full time
Posted 23 Jun 2022
Closes 22 Jul 2022
This job was posted to: Maintenance manager