Lead Software Engineer- Simulation; Remote Option Available
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead a small team of software developers
- Design, create, fix, and review software written in C++, C#, and Python
- Provide technical mentoring for junior software engineers
- Analyze user needs to design and code robust solutions
- Work closely with the simulation systems engineers to ensure application development meets product specification requirements
- Work closely with other engineering teams, partners and vendors to ensure inter-operability and reuse
- Propose and develop new technical solutions to difficult problems
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with software development
- Experience in leading and/or mentoring a team
- Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and software engineering principles
- Experience in programming C++, C#, Java and/or Python
- Problem solving skills to discover root causes and fix issues
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
#LI-Remote - This is a remote position
- Full time
Posted 23 Jun 2022
Closes 22 Jul 2022
This job was posted to: Software engineer