Lead Thermal Processing Operations Engineer
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Westchester, California, United States
This role will function with some autonomy but will be guided by established policies, specifications, or collaborative review processes. This person will work with manufacturing/design, operations, quality, materials, and customers / customer relationship managers to help identify risks and execute business deliverables related to hardware and manufacturing development.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensures safe operations through EHS polices and coaching.
- Ensures adherence and maintenance of quality policies and procedures.
- Maintains equipment by leveraging preventative maintenance, surveying, and calibration.
- Develops standard work and work instructions
- Develops standard run reports
- Reviews and approves thermal run proposals
- Assesses technical risks and lead risk reduction activities
- Works cross-functionally to develop and implement solutions and processes.
- Leads and implements continuous improvement projects related to furnaces.
- Participates in general shop Lean and Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Uses some level of judgment and has ability to propose different solutions outside of set parameters but with guidance. Uses prior experience and on-the-job training to solve straightforward tasks. Has access to technical skills and analytic thinking required to solve problems. May use multiple internal sources outside of own team to arrive at decisions.
- A job at this level is likely to be an individual contributor with proven interpersonal skills or an early people leader who can hire and develop talent. Provides informal guidance to new team members
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 6 years of experience in Job Family Group(s)/Function(s)).
- 2+ years thermal processing experience
- 2+ manufacturing process experience including process development or improvement
- Experience with heat transfer (focus on convection)
- Knowledge of vacuum systems, piping, pump systems, and heat exchangers
- Experience working in quality environments such as ISO9001 or NADCAP
- 1+ years additive manufacturing experience
- Experience in new product or new technology introduction processes
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccinati
- Full time
Posted 23 Jun 2022
Closes 22 Jul 2022
This job was posted to: Project manager