Procurement (Sourcing) Specialist
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England
In this role you would assist us in creating strong relationships with new suppliers and maintain the relationships we have with existing ones. In addition you would
help us to negotiate with dedicated providers to achieve the best contractual conditions, while also ensuring internal customer satisfaction.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Define and improve Sourcing strategies at business or plant level. May also include management of regional & business teams.
- Broadening knowledge of theories, practices and procedures in own discipline to execute functional policy/strategy; still developing functional knowledge and skills.
- Basic understanding of key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work. Good understanding of how work of own team integrates with other teams and contributes to the area.
- May have some autonomy to make decisions within a defined framework. Resolves issues in situations that require good knowledge and judgment within established procedures. Consults more senior team members for issues outside of defined policy/parameters.
- A job at this level requires good interpersonal skills. For customer facing roles, develops strong customer relationships and serves as the interface between customer and GE. Explains technical information to others.
- 2-6 years of procurement/sourcing experience
- Proven experience in sourcing processes.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Packages
- A good understanding of sourcing methodologies.
- Very good negotiation skills.
- Sound time-management and organizational skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
- Degree or diploma in Supply Chain or similar field is desirable but not essential
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 22 Jun 2022
Closes 21 Jul 2022
This job was posted to: Airline buyer