Supply Chain Readiness Leader
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for overall supplier health and rate readiness for an assigned supplier portfolio.
- Through deployment of standard work and established processes, achieve comprehensive constraint visibility and manage capacity action plans to meet supplier site goals regarding quality and delivery metrics.
- Conducts robust order book reviews that tie directly to capacity reviews and proactive problem solving for known gaps in quality or delivery performance.
- Leverage enterprise and horizontal resources to the Gemba for problem solving and systemic action planning.
- Responsible for the maintenance and communication of Supplier Rating System (SPS) and associated action plans that inform Commodity Strategy of improve, sustain or exit with respective suppliers.
- Receives escalations from the Delivery Pillar highlighting systemic gaps to MRD and deploys action plans that leverage SP&E and enterprise resources to improve and sustain respective supplier sites.
- Accountable to develop and maintain action plans associated with supplier delivery performance in partnership with the SP&E Delivery Pillar as well as other functions and horizontal teams. Success is measured through the lens of on time delivery to MRD.
- Responsible to collaborate with the Commodity Buyers to audit, update and improve lead times for the assigned supplier site portfolio.
- Reconcile planning time fences as appropriate to close action plans to improve quality and delivery metrics.
- Collaborate with Materials & Planning organization to manage demand health aligned to supplier lead time, rate readiness, contract terms & conditions and recovery to MRD.
- Responsible to evaluate demand changes proposed via Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) process and ensure risks for on time delivery are known, escalated, and reconciled via the established processes.
- Where applicable, for rate readiness programs, act as the supplier representation to the IPT Product Line Leaders and programs teams.
- Through utilization of action plans, highlight gaps and escalate through defined channels to sufficiently problem solve and achieve on time delivery of ramp rates.
- Where applicable, manage tooling maintenance programs with supplier per the terms and conditions outlined in the subject contracts.
- Collaborate across the enterprise within defined process and procedures while managing total cost of ownership for on time delivery from the supplier.
- Utilizes in-depth knowledge of sourcing procurement and shop operations to execute delivery outcomes according to Supplier contracts, GE policy & strategy.
- Uses technical experience and analytical thinking.
- Drives collaboration across a matrixed organization; uses multiple internal and limited external sources outside of own team to arrive at decisions.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Will be asked to project manage small cross functional teams with low/medium risk and resource requirements.
- Communicates effectively across the organization and to senior leaders & well versed in bringing team members to consensus around topics within field.
- Ability to influence outcomes across the enterprise at the peer level. Informal leadership required to project manage horizontal teams to drive outcomes for the customer and the business.
- Uses some judgment and has the ability to propose different solutions outside of set parameters to address more complicated, day-to-day problems.
- Has ability to prioritize information for data analysis. Uses technical experience and analytical thinking.
- Uses multiple internal and limited external sources outside of own team to arrive at decisions.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high
- Full time
Posted 22 Jun 2022
Closes 21 Jul 2022
This job was posted to: Freight