Durham Engine Facility Assembly & Test Technician
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Durham, California, United States
Roles and Responsibilities:
Essential Functions (including physical and environmental tasks required to perform job):
- Assemble jet engines, including performing various machining and repair operations, using hand tools, specialized tools, equipment and fixtures.
- Coach, guide and train other team members and function in a team-based environment.
- Work from complex product drawings, manuals, specifications and other company/customer specifications.
set-up, operate, adjust and troubleshoot all tools and equipment used in the assembly processes.
- Perform inspections required to assure that the quality plan is achieved
- A high school diploma or GED
- FAA issued Power plant license
Desired Characteristics :
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to learn new tasks and become multi-skilled
- Willingness to work flexible hours/shifts
- Ability to teach and coach others
- Ability to make and accept responsibility for decisions
- Willingness to work in multiple roles with varied responsibilities
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 22 Jun 2022
Closes 21 Jul 2022
This job was posted to: Aircraft mechanic