- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Norwich, Connecticut, United States
- High School Diploma / GED •
- 3 year s Inspection experience in a Manufacturing environmen t
Eligibility Requirements :
- Ability and willingness to use intermediate hand tools (dremel/cut off tooling) and measuring devices (i.e. - dial calipers, rulers, tape measures, p rotractors, micrometers, gauges, etc.) as required within department.
- Intermediate understanding of blueprint and process sheet interpretation, including functional knowledge of geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T)
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations (addition, subtraction, etc.), may have to perform metric conversions, conversions to decimals, and use geometry.
- Knowledge of NDT inspection, Source Inspection, and Mechanical inspection.
- Knowledge of electrical setup and troubleshooting
- Willingness and ability to obtain Weld, Braze, and other inspection certifications as required.
- Ability and willingness to pass visual acuity exam
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Develop familiarity with Final Assembly Electrical test, Final Pr oduction Inspection test, Final Assembly Mechanical Inspection, FPI or X - ray Inspection, and Source Inspection as required by the department.
- Develop strong understanding of GD&T and advanced measurement principles
- Blueprint interpretation, electrical insp ection, mechanical inspection, and procedural knowledge assessment completed.
- Utilize manual or automated measurement and testing equipment to assure quality of products
- Identify and document non - conforming parts, while using Oracle to maintain inspection records
- Inspect all raw materials and purchased parts to determine conformance to design requirement
- Use statistical process control and statistical quality control techniques as required
- Perform job responsibilities according to internal process specific ations and third - party requirements
- Utilize proper PPE, safety equipment, and follow safety procedures
- Assist support functions in root cause analysis
- Must be able to multi - task and work within deadlines.
- Proactively work to improve efficiency and quality of products.
- Use manual and automated measuring / testing equipment to assure product quality.
- Cross - train with employees as needed based upon knowledge and experience.
- Compliantly complete all written and/or electronic labor tracking documentation.
- Report problems to appropriate resource and/or Coach.
- Keep all shift operators informed on special problems involving operation or set up
- Communicate with team to ensure all team members are aware of product deficiencies, new processes, or issues. Provide feedback to appropriate support functions.
- Assist leading and support team initiatives.
- Participate in Careful Selection process
- Interaction with internal and / or external customers and support functions (i.e. Planners, Engineering, Suppliers) outside of home department
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 22 Jun 2022
Closes 21 Jul 2022
This job was posted to: Airworthiness engineer