Large Military and Derivative Engines - Fluid Systems Lead Engineer
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
The Lead Engineer contributes to the design and development of products, solutions and systems. Includes activities linked to technical improvement of existing products and components. Impacts departmental operations and responsible for planning/execution. The role has some autonomy but is focused on execution of activities within an operating discipline covered by standard functional practices and procedures. Some judgment may be required but this is typically with guidance.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Execute the design, analysis, and evaluation of pumps, actuators, and mechanical controls for our legacy military and derivative products.
- Use sound engineering principles and adhere to business standards, practices, procedures, and product & program requirements.
- Developing in-depth knowledge of a fluid system controls and mechanical design. Uses prior experience and acquired technical expertise to execute policy/strategy.
- In-depth understanding of key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work.
- Exhibit autonomy to make decisions within a defined requirements framework while resolving design challenges in situations which require technical knowledge & judgment.
- Reviews designs & consults with senior technical leaders for evaluation of work.
- This role will require sound interpersonal skills to develop strong internal and external customer relationships by serving as an interface point within GE.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering, or a related field, from an accredited University or College.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in an engineering position
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a US DoD security clearance .
- Experience with pumps, actuators, or valves.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
- Established project management skills.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 22 Jun 2022
Closes 21 Jul 2022
This job was posted to: Product support