Lead Quality Specialist - Industry Standards Compliance
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Determine Customer Quality requirements on new programs
Lead quality function to AS9145 maturity
Driving product, process and system quality improvements through engineering collaboration.
Overseeing and providing technical guidance to internal customers, team members and stakeholders.
Job Description Roles and Responsibilities
- Owner of Quality requirements on new product development programs
- ISM for Part 21J organisation
- Process audits on development process and projects
- Supporting daily quality and operations reporting rhythm through standard meeting rhythms
- Identification of opportunities for improvement projects
- Support customer communication and interface on NPI programs
- Definition of quality outputs on NPI program
- Ownership of root cause corrective actions reducing CoPQ
- Relevant technical education or degree with experience in Quality or Engineering
- Proven experience in QC Engineering, Quality System Planning and Quality Improvement methods
- Working knowledge of CAA/EASA Part 21G and J approvals
- Working knowledge of AS9100/ISO9001 requirements
- Knowledge of AS9145 and APQP practices
- Certified Auditing skills
- Six Sigma trained or Green Belt certification preferred
- Experience in Quality function within a manufacturing or engineering organisation
- Strong customer focus and understanding of customer needs
- Understanding of Toll gate and NPI processes
- Working knowledge of APQP / AS9145
- Ability to influence others and lead improvement projects
- Experience in MRL assessment
- Knowledge in at least one of composite layup and cure, machining, NDT, metrology
- Good oral, written communication + presentation skills
- Good interpersonal and team skills
- Excellent ability to work with digital tools and data
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Effective problem identification and solution skills.
- Proven analytical and organizational ability.
GE supports and encourages flexible working arrangements, where possible, and recognises the benefits to employees of having a positive work-life balance.
At GE Aviation we understand the importance of Total Reward. Our flexible benefits plan, called FlexChoice, gives you freedom, choice and flexibility in the way you receive your benefits, as well as giving you the opportunity to make savings where possible.
As a new joiner to GE we are pleased to be able to offer you the following as default in your benefit fund, which you then can tailor to meet your individual needs;
- Non-contributory Pension
- Life Assurance
- Group income protection
- Private medical cover
- Holiday Hourly equivalent of 26 days, with flexible option to buy or sell
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance: BPSS
Right to Work
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, under the applicable UK immigration rules as may be in place from time to time, it may be that candidates who do not currently have the right to work in the UK may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled candidate who does not require sponsorship is available to take up the post. For further information please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 22 Jun 2022
Closes 21 Jul 2022
This job was posted to: Freight