Mechanical Designer - 1st Shift
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Hooksett, New Hampshire, United States
Job Description Role and Responsibilities
- Responsible to devise, develop, and recommend new designs and/or modify existing designs to meet manufacturing, engineering, or customer requirements.
- Responsible for design and development of complicated test equipment, dies, tools, jigs, fixtures, and gauges.
- Collaborating with all levels of the workforce, communicating often with the manufacturing managers and engineers.
- Training duties.
- Performing related environmental, health, safety, maintenance, quality, continuous improvement, and production-flow job duties to support plant machinery, equipment, and manufacturing-related initiatives and programs.
- Maintaining detailed job task documentation, reports, and records.
- High school diploma/GED with a minimum of 4-years of experience in Design Applications in the fields of mechanical drafting and/or tool design in creating manufacturing machine tools; Or
- Bachelor's or Associate degree in Mechanical Drafting, Tool Design or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university or college.
- Working knowledge of machine tool manufacturing processes, equipment, and tools.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Unigraphics, Solidworks, CAD and/or other related design applications.
- Demonstrated proficiency in reading and interpretation of mechanical blueprints, engineering specifications, geometric tolerancing and/or drawings.
- Experience in performing advanced mathematical calculations.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of analytical skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and/or web based.
- Demonstrated use of oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in Lean Six Sigma fundamentals.
- Demonstrated ability in maintaining relationships by recognizing needs and sensitivities of others and cooperating and resolving conflicts that inspire the Team in achieving objectives and deliverables.
- Demonstrated ability in receiving guidance and supervision, following work rules, safety practices, work procedures; meeting deadlines; and punctuality and attendance standards.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 22 Jun 2022
Closes 21 Jul 2022
This job was posted to: Aircraft mechanic