2nd Shift CNC Machine Operator 4
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Norwich, Connecticut, United States
- High School Education or GED.
- 5 years machine shop experience
- This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Ability and willingness to use basic hand tools and measuring devices (i.e. dial calipers, rulers, tape measures, protractors, micrometers, gauges, etc.) as required within department.
- Expert understanding of blueprint and process sheet interpretation
- Prior working knowledge of machine shop operations
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Set up and operate CNC equipment
- Assist programmer in planning sequence of work operations and may assist in modification of programs.
- Propose program edits for necessary revisions required in order to manufacture parts per print specifications (verification by Programmer 4), as required
- Run new part/NPD material at infancy stages and propose required edits and sequencing of operations to include any tooling changes required.
- Read, translate, and verbalize G code program, as presented. Recognize and propose the needed edits to correct both Mill and Lathe programs as selected by Programmer 4 and Management.
- Write simple programs in order to create fixture and tooling.
- Machinist should demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot Lathe and Mill machines, including performance of necessary actions to ensure machine is running true. Includes the following actions as required:
- For Lathe - Indicate fixtures or parts and bore jaws as needed
- For Mill - Tram in the 4th and 5th Axis; Ensure tooling runs true, indicate fixtures/parts and set proper work offsets
- Ensure speeds, feeds, and tooling is correct for material being processed in order to maximize machine efficiency.
- Set up and operate at least 2 types of CNC equipment (i.e. - lathe & mill).
- Determines and may edit programs to ensure proper radius, contour, and angle measurements.
- Operate any type and size of single spindle or multiple spindle on a variety of operations (drilling, reaming, boring, tapping, spot facing, countersinking, etc)
- Use all tools, jigs, fixtures, and gages necessary to perform operations
- May set up and operate lathes, drill presses, milling machines, grinders, and hand tools to fabricate parts and tools
- Check for proper tooling, sharpness, & alignment
- Work with close tolerances and fine finishes
- Perform tool offset and load parts
- Operate multiple machines simultaneously
- Perform duties on complex prototypes or first-time builds.
- Compliantly troubleshoots tools, fixtures, and equipment as necessary
- Perform job responsibilities according to internal process specifications and third-party requirements
- Frequent interaction with internal and/or external customers and support functions (i.e. - Planners, Engineering) outside of home department.
- Utilize proper PPE, safety equipment, and follow safety procedures
- Participate in and lead team initiatives.
- 5-10 years machine shop experience in a manufacturing environment
- Education and/or training in machine shop operations
- Understanding of CNC and manual machine operations
- Programming knowledge to include reading and editing of programs
- Experience in a self
- directed team environment
- Lean manufacturing knowledge
- Must be able to lift 40 - 82lbs's (heavier items with assistance).
- Must be able to push/pull up to 20lbs's.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned
- Full time
Posted 22 Jun 2022
Closes 21 Jul 2022
This job was posted to: Tooling