Lead Specialist Contract Manager
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
The Lead Contracts Manager is an individual contributor that develops practical and innovative ways to identify and meet goals. In this role, you will be responsible for work that is generally defined in scope, utilize your understanding and experience to execute business objectives, and have the ability to affect short term and some long term business goals.
If assigned to work US Government contract activity (either on a Prime or subcontract), the position requires solid proficiency in managing various contract types, Firm Fixed Price Contracts and developing proficiency in the Cost Reimbursement Group and development contracts, as described in the Federal Acquisition Regulations with an understanding of international contracts and US export regulations.
If assigned to work International contracts the position requires solid proficiency in managing international contracts and US export regulations, with an understanding of various contract types in the both the Fixed Price and Cost Reimbursement Groups, as described in the Federal Acquisition Regulations.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities
- Act as primary interface between GE and customers on all contractual matters
- Provide contract administration for assigned proposals and contracts including regular interfacing with customers, leading negotiations, and contract interpretation
- Interface with Manufacturing, Program Management, Marketing, Engineering, and Legal
- Perform proposal, negotiation, and contract administration functions on assigned proposals / contracts with minimal supervision
- Provide support to managers and senior contract personnel on assigned contracts
- Assume team leader responsibilities for assigned programs and special projects
- Provide interface liaison with functional organizations and insure proper communication of contractual requirements
- Review processes to ensure overall efficiency
- Mentoring Contracts staff members
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college (or a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in a contracts, sales, or legal role)
- Minimum of 5 years of contract formation and execution experience
- Knowledge of contract law and formation
- Demonstrated ability to take lead role in routine contracts
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 20 Jun 2022
Closes 19 Jul 2022
This job was posted to: Project manager