Lead Buying Specialist
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
This role is based in Evendale, OH. The team works a hybrid schedule with both remote and in office work days.
- Support and execute sourcing tasks and operations for all commodities as required.
- Review existing standard work and procedures. Identify opportunity and provide feedback for improvements.
- Developing in-depth knowledge of a discipline. Uses prior experience and acquired expertise to execute functional policy/strategy.
- A job at this level is likely to be an individual contributor, with proven interpersonal skills. Explains complex information to others in straightforward situations.
- Provides guidance and training to new team members.
- Impacts projects, processes and procedures in own field. The role operates with some autonomy, but is focused on execution of activities/provision of advice within an enabling discipline covered by standard functional practices and procedures. Activities require professional judgment, but may require more senior levels of guidance.
- Utilizes expertise and judgement to solve problems. Leverages skills and analytic thinking required to solve problems. May use multiple internal sources outside of own team to arrive at decisions.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Sourcing & Buying-Procurement
- Minimum of 3 years of Sourcing & Buying-Procurement
- Experience with Impact or Oracle a plus
- Experience in Aerospace or Automotive Buying/Procurement a plus
- Ability to coach and train others
- Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn
- Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively
- Focused: quick learner, strategically prioritizes work, committed
- Leadership ability: strong communicator, decision-maker, collaborative
- Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 18 Jun 2022
Closes 17 Jul 2022
This job was posted to: Project manager