Performance & Preliminary Design Tools Engineer
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
This is an opportunity to set a lasting footprint on the future of flight and clean energy while learning from the experts on different fields to create engineering design and analysis software.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Take an active role in developing and defining performance assessment tools for state of the art engine systems.
- Evaluate internal customer needs to anticipate, apply, adapt or develop processes and tools to support product introduction, problem resolution, while meeting quality, performance, and cost metrics for current and future business needs, including adherence to schedules and estimated costs.
- Provide technical consultation to cross - functional teams throughout the business to improve or resolve key business issues. Includes engaging with and developing synergistic solutions with IT professionals, e.g. the DES team.
- Use NPSS Modeling Experience to support Multi-Disciplinary Preliminary Design System Models, Performance Models, and Adaptive Cycle Models .
- Apply cycle model and turbo - machinery componen t modeling experience.
- Participate and/or Lead Projects using Agile and Lean concepts.
- Provide technical guidance, direction and training to new and experienced engineers, specialists, technicians and co-ops.
- Prepare invention disclosures to protect technology that gives the business a competitive advantage, as well as protecting the intellectual property rights of the C ompany.
- Lead and provide the key technical direction to projects with critical business impact.
- Identify, develop, evaluate, and introduce engineering solutions to meet near term and long- range engineering needs.
- Provide technical consultation on product problems throughout the business including supplier and field support.
- Effectively communicate and provide recommendations through the analysis, prep aration and presentation of technical data to internal and external GE customers using reports, models , and letters.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an engineering position
- BS Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an engineering design or tools development position.
- Proficient in algorithm development using several of these key languages: NPSS , Python, C++, C and FORTRAN .
- Demonstrated experience in software development for analytical / design software.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Demonstrated analysis and problem resolution skills.
- Knowledge of process integration, optimization, and probabilistic design.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 18 Jun 2022
Closes 17 Jul 2022
This job was posted to: Design engineer