Lead Engineer - Turbine Aerodynamics
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Rivalta di Torino, Piemonte, Italy
Job Description Essential Responsibilities
Lead aerodynamic design, testing and analysis of novel low pressure turbines and turbine frames, coordinate aero design with other technical disciplines, with understanding of engine integration at system level.
- Participate in and lead technical reviews, support design best practices interfacing with the global engineering team.
- Participate in problem solving and innovation initiatives.
- Identify improvement opportunities and apply Lean tools to remove waste.
Degree in Engineering, Master's Degree in Mechanical/Aerospace is preferred
- Substantive level of experience in the field of turbomachinery aerodynamics.
- Good understanding of the physics and principles associated with turbine aerodynamic design.
- Proven track record in delivering on complex programs and ability to work in cross-functional global team in multi-cultural environments.
- Demonstrated ability to advance the technology state of the art and ability to generate innovative solutions.
- Fluency in English and Italian.
- EU work permit.
Hands-on experience in computational fluid dynamics, design optimization and data analytics.
- Experience in scale and full-scale testing, including test planning, instrumentation, test conduct and data analysis.
- Self-directed, highly motivated, able to manage work-load across several activities.
- Quick leaner, flexible attitude, exceptional communication skills.
- Keen listener, proven facilitation and collaboration skills.
- Passion for technical excellence and technology advancement.
- Smart Working and work-life balance. AvioAero, when possible, promotes remote work and encourage a good, healthy and satisfying work-life balance. We value our employees' wellbeing; hence we offer a variety of improvement programs aimed to preserve anyone's psychological safety and daily needs.
- Total rewards. At AvioAero we understand the importance of Total Rewards. As a new joiner to AvioAero we are pleased to offer, when applicable, the following welcome benefit plan:
- Performance related bonus and local bonus scheme
- Flexible benefits platform
- GE Aviation share plan
- Life and injury insurance
- Private Medical Cover
- Employee assistant program
- Employee special awards (service and recognition)
- Local special agreement and discounts
- English and languages training for you and one member of your family
- Technical, Leadership and development trainings
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 18 Jun 2022
Closes 17 Jul 2022
This job was posted to: Project manager