Engineering/Manufacturing Electronic Test Technician
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
Responsibilities include administering standardized functional and environmental tests along with troubleshooting at a system level down to the component level. Partner with engineering to enable effective design for test and ensure new product's readiness for volume manufacture.
- Perform test and provide input to test specifications and procedures for manufacturing readiness
- Set up and perform test with minimal direction using sophisticated equipment - perform analyses and diagnostics of process, products, computers, and test equipment used in systems or environmental verification.
- Troubleshoot electronics systems, circuit card assemblies to component level with analog, digital, and microprocessor-based circuits, assemblies, and test equipment
- Capability in the assembly/dis-assembly of test equipment and product.
- Prescribe rework instructions for products needing repair
- Maintain product test records in quality data tracking system
- Ensure product compliance and quality
- Attend and participate in team meetings
- Associate degree in an electronics technology discipline from an accredited university or college
- High School Diploma / GED with two years of technical experience in testing and troubleshooting of highly technical electronic products which could include military electronics experience (i.e. A school, I level depo technician)
- Extensive experience troubleshooting analog and digital circuits
- Experienced with general purpose test instruments (digital multimeters, oscilloscopes, power supplies, function generators, phase angle voltmeters and automated test equipment)
- Able to fault isolate electronics to the component level
- Experienced in functional testing and environmental stress screening of class 3 electronics systems
- Able to follow technical procedures and specifications
- Able to read and understand technical documentation such as schematic diagrams and parts lists
- Experience using hand tools for electronics disassembly and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of IPC 610 & J-STD soldering specifications
- Basic understanding of embedded software
- Familiar with Electric Static Discharge precautions
- Ability to work under minimum supervision by being motivated and a self-starter
- Keen attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office and PDF Viewers.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 18 Jun 2022
Closes 17 Jul 2022
This job was posted to: Electrical engineer