Software Engineer - Secure Automation
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
You will have supportive colleagues and the opportunity to work with world class professionals across different functions whilst developing processes for exciting upcoming AWS Aviation projects. This role can be based at our Cheltenham site or remotely across the UK with minimal travel as and when needed.
You will be responsible for providing our products with a modern and secure automation pipeline including the following:
- Design and build an automated pipeline to build, test, secure and deploy our products.
- Stay current with industry trends and experiment with emerging technology to learn where we can improve next driving continuous improvement
- Partner with product owners to build a roadmap/backlog for secure automation.
- Partner with application development teams to ensure a successful DevSecOps approach.
- Design and build front-end or back-end software components and applications.
Skills and experience required:
- Building and extending a CI/CD environment
- Managing cloud computing infrastructure
- Experience with AWS
- Understanding of cyber-security and regulatory compliance
- Working as part of a cross-functional Agile team
- Problem solving and trouble-shooting skills
- Significant proven professional experience in software development
This role is restricted to United Kingdom nationals who are resident in the United Kingdom.
GE supports and encourages flexible working arrangements, where possible, and recognises the benefits to employees of having a positive work-life balance.
At GE Aviation we understand the importance of Total Reward. Our flexible benefits plan, called FlexChoice, gives you freedom, choice and flexibility in the way you receive your benefits, as well as giving you the opportunity to make savings where possible. As a new joiner to GE we are pleased to be able to offer you the following as default in your benefit fund, which you then can tailor to meet your individual needs;
•Group income protection
•Private medical cover
•Holiday Hourly equivalent of 26 days, with flexible option to buy or sell
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance: BPSS
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, under the applicable UK immigration rules as may be in place from time to time, it may be that candidates who do not currently have the right to work in the UK may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled candidate who does not require sponsorship is available to take up the post. For further information please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
#LI-Remote - This is a remote position
- Full time
Posted 18 Jun 2022
Closes 17 Jul 2022
This job was posted to: Software engineer