Advanced Lead Engineer - Systems Engineering (REMOTE/HYBRID - US)
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
Systems engineering is a cross-functional engineering discipline centered on an approach, mindset, and process. All activities that consider both the business and the technical needs of the customers with the goal of providing a quality product that meets the user's needs. The discipline that executes a robust process of design, creation, and optimization of systems, consisting of identification and quantification of system requirements, creation of alternate system design concepts, performance of design trade studies, selection and implementation of the best designs and verification that the design is properly integrated and executed. Process that proceeds from concept to production to operation.
This role impacts departmental operations and is responsible for execution. The role has some autonomy but is focused on execution of activities within the systems engineering discipline covered by standard functional practices and procedures. Some judgment may be required but this is typically with guidance.
Preference is to have someone local to the Grand Rapids, MI area or secondly Clearwater, FL area. Will consider full remote (with the flexibility to travel to the office when needed) for the right candidate.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities:
This position will be responsible for leading, guiding and contributing to the systems engineering efforts across GE's Common Core Platform and Compute Systems. This role has accountability for assigned systems engineering duties for the IMA and Federated product lines. This role involves systems development and verification execution responsibilities, leadership, coaching and assistance to the project teams to ensure they deliver on cost, quality, schedule, and technical goals.
This position has the following essential responsibilities:
- Execute plans for system development and verification for aircraft computing products IAW GE Aviation process.
- Generate system functional requirements from stakeholder expectation.
- Help develop architecture models and allocate requirements to sub-systems/hardware/software components.
- Validate and verify system requirements.
- Troubleshoot and resolve system integration/verification issues.
- Responsible for the Systems Engineering Lifecycle for products/technologies.
- Coordinate with Technical Lead and peers to generate and execute projects/design plans and reviews.
- Develop and execute test cases and procedures to verify the system under test.
- Manage and coordinate issues, problem reports and change requests to closure.
- Coordinate design changes and deliveries with Safety, Security and Certification organizations.
- Interact with customer engineering organizations to define and shape requirements for future platforms and systems.
- Accountable for cost and schedule performance on assigned activities.
- Maintain performance and Earned Value (EV) metrics and report to leadership.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to the teams running projects within the product line. This includes supporting project planning, conducting reviews, metrics development/tracking, forecasting, development processes, and risk and opportunity management.
- Ensure timely delivery of systems requirements, integrated validation/verification activities, and issue resolution.
- Support the startup of new projects to insure they are well planned in accordance with the product roadmap, the overall product line strategy and engineering process requirements.
- Lead/manage interdisciplinary collaboration with software, hardware, test, safety, maintainability, reliability, and certification teams.
- Escalate issues that need additional engineering or business leadership assistance in a timely manner.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or Computer Science.
- At least 8 years of experience in design & development and/or technical project leadership within an engineering product development environment.
- Systems Engineering Process Background (ARP 4754A or similar).
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Ac
- Full time
Posted 17 Jun 2022
Closes 16 Jul 2022
This job was posted to: Product support