New Product Introduction - Sourcing Focal Point
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Rivalta di Torino, Piemonte, Italy
The New Product Introduction (NPI) Sourcing Focal Point has a wide range of responsibilities focused on coordinating Sourcing Commodities and Suppliers to support New Products and Technologies launch in terms of technological development, capabilities, capacity, contracts, costs, and deliveries' performances.
In this role she/he will work with cross functional teams developing the supply chain creation and running NPI processes and tools, reporting in front of Program Leadership Organization in the Phase and Gate process.
As NPI Sourcing Focal Point you will use the experience and expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives, and operationalize the system both in the short-term and long-term business goals.
Her/His responsibilities include:
- Work to identify priorities and objectives in-line with the Program, contributing to Line-Of-Balance (LOB) creation
- Support the Program to have the bill of materials up-to-date and relative technical specifications available
- Define, driven by Sourcing Commodities, the suppliers' bidding list and manage the Request for Quotations (RfQ)
- Analyze offers and drive technical negotiations with "should cost" engineers cross the products
- Support Sourcing Commodities in all key negotiations to achieve the Manufacturing Target Cost (MTC)
- Support and monitor Suppliers to meet schedule and to achieve technical requirements in collaboration with Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering and Quality
- Review on a regular basis the status of the Program to timely support it
- Periodically report out to Program Leadership, monitoring Program KPI (Cost and Schedule)
- Coordinate the supplier's production readiness with respect to volume ramp-up with Readiness Team
- Have MTC plan, deliveries' performances up-to-date and Readiness score to support Customer needs
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
- Languages: Fluent in Italian and English
- Knowledge of NPI's process, from the support of bidding phase with Customer to Production's volume ramp up
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Clear thinking, problem solving, successfully led projects/process improvements within operations functions
- EU Work/Stay Permit
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills
- Knowledge in the aerospace business
- Knowledge of cost targets and analyses
Smart working and work life-balance
Avio Aero, when possible, promotes remote work and encourages a good, healthy and satisfying work-life balance. We value our employees' wellbeing; hence we offer a variety of improvement programs aimed to preserve anyone's psychological safety and daily needs.
At Avio Aero, we understand the importance of Total Rewards. As a new joiner to Avio Aero we are pleased to offer the following welcome benefit plan:
- Performance related bonuses and local bonus scheme
- Flexible benefits platform
- GE Aviation share plan
- Life and injury insurance
- Private medical cover
- Employee assistant program
- Employee special awards (service and recognition)
- Local special agreements and discounts
- English and languages training for you and one member of your family
- Technical, Leadership and development trainings
Avio Aero is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are strongly committed to maintain an inclusive and diverse environment. Every employment decision is taken regardless to national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, etc.
We are not all the same. Just be Yourself ApplyvioAero!
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 17 Jun 2022
Closes 16 Jul 2022
This job was posted to: Airline sales