Advanced Design Tools (ADT) - Senior Combustion Aerodynamics Engineer
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
- Provide technical oversight and add new modeling capability in areas of emissions, flashback, heat transfer and dynamics for different fuel sources including blended and pure Hydrogen fuels in turbomachinery applications.
- Work with GE's Global Research Center (GRC), GE Aviation Combustion and GE Power Combustion teams in a collaborative manner to add modeling capability, share ideas, create business value models and synergize development priorities based on business needs and budget.
- Work with GE's GRC, Aviation and Power Combustion team stakeholders, national labs and Universities to outline model validation requirements including test specifications, test rig configurations and validation pass criteria compliant with applicable GE Design Practices and emissions requirements defined by federal agencies including the US EPA.
- Present modeling results, validation and upcoming milestone status to relevant design boards, leadership and technical experts belonging to GE's GRC, Aviation Combustion and Power Combustion teams.
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or related fields with at least fifteen (15) years experience
- Aforementioned experience MUST be as an LES combustion CFD code developer, preferably the lead code developer, of an established commercial grade LES combustion CFD code, OEM (internal) LES combustion CFD code, or US government agency LES CFD combustion code.
- Expertise in various modeling techniques such as Partially Premixed Model (PPM) and Flamelet Generated Manifold (FGM) Combustion models, and modeling of liquid fuel, sprays, etc.
- Ability to model, investigate, and provide critical insight into complex physical flow phenomena related to combustion physics.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong cross-functional teaming and communication skills.
- Relocation to Cincinnati, OH or Lynn, MA
- Must be US Citizen or Green Card Holder
- Doctorate in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or related fields
- Familiarity with running Combustion CFD models in High Performance Computing (HPC) environments
- Expertise with C++, FORTRAN and PYTHON
- CFD code development background specific for HPC GPU utilization
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 16 Jun 2022
Closes 15 Jul 2022
This job was posted to: Maintenance manager