Aviation Systems Supply Chain Materials Leader
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Westchester, California, United States
- Lead Materials management strategy and execution for global team of 55 spanning $1.5B of revenue and 12 sites [directly 9, indirectly 3] and 3 P&Ls (Avionics, Power, Unison Electronics) across the product lifecycle including New Product Introduction, OE production and Aftermarket repair and spares.
- Own System Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) operating rhythms for the Systems business units to align build plans with demand and operating rhythms and ensure a producible build plan to optimize free cash flow and operating profit. Develop solutions to close gaps.
- Own creation and management of production build plans and supplier requirements across Systems business.
- Drive transactional and materials continuous improvement activities across the material stream including coordination with Operations, Sourcing and Commercial functions.
- Ensuring effective data quality processes / improvements and material configuration management processes are in place and followed to ensure planning accuracy and maximize material availability.
- Through transactional lean and problem solving, drive improvements to inventory turns, reduce $500M inventory balance, improve schedule stability and reduce build plan delinquency across Systems sites,
- Lead development of digital analytics to improve data availability and deploy to the point of use in the shop teams.
- Partner with DT to develop ERP roadmap strategy and execution to support improved business performance and reduce transactional burden.
- Partner with Sourcing & Operations to ensure best in class on time delivery to our customers and cash/cost performance.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- A minimum of 8 years of experience leading Manufacturing, Sourcing, Supply Chain or Services teams
- Experience successfully driving change and transformation
- Experience leading S&OP processes
- Demonstrated experience with continuous improvement & transactional lean
- Certification in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) desired, not required
- Demonstrated experience with data driven leadership
- Excellent written and verbal communication and influencing skills horizontally in matrix organization
- Detailed understanding of financial statements especially balance sheet/cash flows.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 16 Jun 2022
Closes 15 Jul 2022
This job was posted to: Freight