Lead Engineer - Power Electronics
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Garching an der Alz, Bayern, Germany
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead the power converter design and analysis.
- Develop and test power converters using both Silicon and wide band gap semiconductor devices.
- Collaborate with the electric machine design and control experts.
- Participate with multi-disciplinary teams in the development of new electric power technologies and capabilities for GE Aviation next generation product platforms.
- Support the electric system concept development for hybrid applications.
- MS in electrical engineering
- At least 5 years of experience on power converters.
- In-depth knowledge of power converters, especially strategies and topologies that process AC and DC power.
- Hands-on hardware expertise in power electric circuits and systems.
- Experience in types of power devices and associated gating strategies (SiC and GaN)
- Proven expertise in design and implementation of passive components and selecting capacitor technologies towards EMI compliance.
- Experience in developing modulation strategies for electronic power converters.
- Experience in circuit and system simulation tools such as Saber, PLECS, Matlab/Simulink, PSPICE, EMTP, etc.
- Experience in power converter / electric machine integration.
- Familiarity with advanced real-time and embedded digital control with DSP and FPGA hardware, firmware and software
- Familiarity with impact of altitude on electric system components.
- Proven system thinker with ability to work in multidisciplinary teams.
- Ph.D. in electrical engineering
- Excellent team player
- Industrial Experience
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 16 Jun 2022
Closes 15 Jul 2022
This job was posted to: Electrical engineer