- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
GE offers a great work environment and challenging careers. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer for all, including minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled. GE works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works.
The Chemical Technician will be responsible for day-to-day Chemical operations in a PSM-Compliant Chemical Plant.
In addition, you will:
- Operate process units to produce chemical intermediates for aviation Ceramic Matrix Composites raw materials
- Monitor various chemical process measurements and respond to deviations
- Serve as a resource to other technicians in trouble shooting and identifying equipment issues
- Conduct routine maintenance and operation of process systems and equipment across assigned process zone and occasionally in cross functional areas
- Conduct work practices with safety and quality in mind in a 24/7 production environment
- Complete required business and regulatory process documentation
- Maintain a safe, clean, and organized work environment
- Be responsible for ensuring facility equipment and inventory/consumable levels are accurate
- Participate and actively engage in quality and continuous improvement projects
- Communicate effectively with peers, management, & external stakeholders
- Must be able to work in second shift/night shifts.
- Utilize business software such as ERP and quality/EHS software
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma/GED
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a Chemical, Refinery, or Power Plant environment
- Ability and willingness to work off/varied shift/weekends, as required
- This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
- Mechanical/Electrical aptitude
- Ability to analyze problems, identify issues and provide efficient solutions
- Basic Computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to handle diverse activities simultaneously
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work in a tobacco free environment
- Ability to communicate effectively and adhere to team norms
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 16 Jun 2022
Closes 15 Jul 2022
This job was posted to: Aircraft mechanic