Team Leader - Plating Department
- Lufthansa - 475 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/lufthansa/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/253c86a5-69a7-460d-887a-c091b0a3d853131305099052685562.png
Greater London, England
Your main tasks include, among others:
- Provide the team with the objectives of the department (outputs).
- Create an environment oriented to open communications, creative thinking, cohesive team effort and workplace trust.
- Lead by example behaviour consistent with your words.
- Manage, train, and help the development of team members.
- Lead problem solving and collaboration.
- Build and foster healthy group dynamics.
- Ensure that all team members have the required training.
- Acknowledge and reward team and team member accomplishments, as well as exceptional performance.
- Lead creativity and continuous improvements in workflow.
- Initiate sub-groups or teams as appropriate to resolve issue.
- Provide status reporting of team activities against the plan / schedule.
* All other duties as assigned or required.
Free parking, Flight privileges, Discounts / shopping, Lockers for cyclists / sportsmen
Behind the scenes
Taking Off with Lufthansa Technik!
We are looking forward to your application!
The ideal Team Leader must fulfill the following requirements:
- Apprenticeship or GCSE equivalent.
- Engineering Qualification desirable.
- Extensive Aviation experience of an Engineering/Manufacturing function.
- Mentored and improved team performance.
- Managing complex plans.
- Undertaking mandatory and appropriate training.
- General engineering process awareness.
- Knowledge of Product Quality Planning Processes.
- Managed small/ medium teams desirable.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft packages.
- Excellent communications skills and able to work within a matrix environment.
- Excellent planning, problem solving organization and administration skills.
- Able to turn vision into strategy and execute.
*Please apply by sending your CV and Cover Letter to Apply
*Must possess a legal work permit in U.K.
*Must be willing to work shifts.
About Lufthansa Technik Landing Gear Services UK
Lufthansa Technik Landing Gear Services is part of the Lufthansa Technik Group - the world's leading provider of maintenance, repair and overhaul services as well as modifications to the civil aviation industry. With tailor-made maintenance programs and advanced repair techniques, we ensure the reliability and availability of our customers' aircraft fleets. We are independent of aircraft manufacturers and licensed internationally as a repair, manufacturing and development organization. With more than 26,000 employees and over 30 international subsidiaries, the Lufthansa Technik Group offers a full range of services in the fields of maintenance, overhaul, component support, engines, landing gears, VIP services, innovation and digital fleet solutions to around 800 customers worldwide. Lufthansa Technik Landing Gear Services is located in London and has over 300 employees. Our success is built on our people who are fundamental to our organization.
- Full time
Posted 15 Jun 2022
Closes 15 Jul 2022
This job was posted to: Project manager