B2 Licensed Engineer
- easyJet - 46 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/easyjet/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/c8af808d-5d02-4385-abe7-72a5b3b45582131202433215856711.png
Greater London, England
easyJet has been decisive in meeting the challenges presented by the current pandemic by cutting costs, reducing our capex while retaining our fleet flexibility and securing an additional £2bn in funding. As Europe emerges from the Covid-19 crisis, easyJet is well placed to strengthen its leading position as a trusted brand offering value for money with an industry-leading network of primary airports.
This time has taught us more about flexibility, balance and wellbeing - whether that's working remotely, part time, or needing extra support when times are tough - because it's clear that our people and passion set us apart. When you fly with us, you'll see we have bags of passion for travel and getting you to your destination with the best experience possible.
Working in our non-flying roles is no different and our culture - known as our orange spirit - is a real thing - and its people who love to work with fast paced, quick thinking and energetic people. You need to have resilience to work here (as recent events have shown) but the experience you gain is like no other.
easyJet's Engineering and Maintenance team are renowned for their innovative solutions and as part of the team you will have the opportunity to engage with all aspects of the airline's operation to deliver the highest standards of aircraft performance. As a member of the Engineering and Maintenance team you will play a part in delivering Europe's highest technical despatch reliability as recognised by Airbus. With the current program introducing the cutting-edge NEO aircraft and the arrival of the A321 in 2018 there couldn't be a better time to join the team.
The Licenced Engineer will carry out all scheduled tasks as assigned by the Duty Engineer/Maintenance Supervisor in accordance with the approved maintenance documentation. Able to demonstrate applicable technical knowledge of aircraft with hand skills required to carry out tasks assigned. Competent in the use of aircraft maintenance documentation in addition to computer based reporting and recording systems. Supervision of small teams as required.
- To exercise license / approval in relation to the accomplishment of scheduled, unscheduled maintenance and rectification of defects, to ensure maintenance is accomplished to the required standards and the operating programme is achieved in an efficient and safe manner.
- Recording and issuing of certificates of release to service for the work accomplished in accordance with the current company and customer procedures and legislation.
- To review the work and resources allocated and required to ensure expedient rectification of defects utilising allocated staff
- To advise the Duty Engineer/Maintenance Supervisor of any impending service disruptions, problems or areas of concern that may have an impact on the operating programme and keeping the Duty Engineer/Maintenance Supervisor informed of all work they have performed during the shift.
- To define the priorities to the staff allocated to them to ensure that efficient use of resources are channelled to an on time and safe flight departure.
- To ensure that all documentation and its certification is completed in a timely manner and to the defined procedures to meet Company procedures and legislation.
- To ensure that replacement parts and components are of an approved type, correctly certified and released and are physically inspected prior to fitting to aircraft or component. Ensure that removed components are correctly handled, labelled and blanked.
- When supervising the work of others, ensure that acceptable standards of workmanship and quality are maintained and the correct tools are employed to accomplish the task.
- To compile and report of Technical Delay / Out of Service Reports in a timely manner. Reporting significant defects, discrepancies, incidents, accidents and events as required by the company and customer procedures.
- To ensure equipment, facilities, vehicles and premises in their charge are maintained to an acceptable standard of maintenance, appearance and in compliance with the company Health & Safety policy
- To assist in the departure of any Aircraft that may be preparing for departure at handover times
- To take shift handover if Duty Engineer/Maintenance Supervisor are unable to do so
- To ensure a thorough verbal handover of any task that is to be carried over into the next shift. Also ensuring that the documentation for each task that may be complete or partially complete has been completed up to a suitable handover point.
- To record all deferred defects in the shift handover log, as well as the Tech Log, and ensuring that any spares are ordered as soon as possible.
- Full time
Posted 15 Jun 2022
Closes 15 Jul 2022
This job was posted to: Licensed aircraft engineer