Senior Engineering Project Manager Avionics Tools- Remote Option Available
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
The Senior Engineering Project Manager- Avionics Tools demonstrates accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives. In this role you will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the Avionics Tools organization, directly manage complex issues within multiple projects, be involved in long-term planning and contribute to the overall Platform Tools development strategy. You will serve as the US-based, Lead Engineering Project Manager for Avionics Tools.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for developing and managing engineering / technology projects. Interfaces with internal/external customers to ensure organization resource allocation is made. Project is often a component of a program.
- Accountable to deliver the scope of work to the original cost estimate. Manages schedule, budget and integration of NPI and/or requisition projects, including influencing the projects to meet customer CTQs and hit tollgate milestones.
- Includes direct people management responsibility including staffing and performance development.
- Utilizes in-depth knowledge of a technical discipline and analytical thinking and technical experience to execute policy/strategy.
- Has knowledge of best practices and how your project integrates with others; is aware of competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market.
- Uses some judgment and has some ability to propose different solutions outside of set parameters to address more complicated manufacturing processes with technical variety and/or interdependent production cycles. Uses technical experience, analytical thinking, team and to arrive at decisions.
- Acts as a mentor for other project leaders who lead small projects with low risks and resource requirements.
- Effectively apply Project Management Professional (PMP) principles and standards.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
- A minimum of 5 years of experience leading multi-disciplined teams
- 3 years of experience with engineering processes including: Requirements definition, allocation, validation, verification, software development and/or integration
- 5 years of software experience
- Ability to guide, influence and lead others not in a direct reporting relationship
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated project management ability
- Simulation experience or experience interacting with electronic systems
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance that begins on the first day of employment
- Permissive time off policy for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more!
This position may be eligible for the following flexible work arrangements (FWA):
- Remote Work Option
- Hybrid work schedule (3 days in office; 2 days remote)
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
#LI-Remote - This is a remote position
- Full time
Posted 15 Jun 2022
Closes 14 Jul 2022
This job was posted to: Avionics engineer