- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Job Description Roles and Responsibilities
- To define supplier procurement strategy at commodity and part level including the identification and vetting of suitable suppliers, defining and communicating requirements, analysing responses and negotiating the best commercial positions in terms of cost, terms and conditions. Placing purchase orders to secure delivery in a timely manner and managing risk and any arising issues or disputes.
- An advocate for complaint procurement iaw GE procurement practices and procedures to execute functional policy/strategy whilst continuously developing personal functional knowledge and skills.
- To align daily and standard work to business strategies and objectives.
- To work within agreed thresholds of authority and escalate to the responsible persons where their personal authority is exceeded.
- A job at this level requires good interpersonal skills with suppliers and other key stakeholders within Dowty.
- Relevant degree or CIPS qualification and / or experience in a procurement environment.
Essential Skills / Qualities
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute procurement requirements.
- Able to follow procurement policies, processes and procedures
- Strong oral, written communication and IT skills.
- Able to collaborate within a team environment
- Motivated, self-led and able to take responsibility within defined thresholds of responsibility
- Inquisitive mind who is prepared to challenge when something is not right or there is a better way of accomplishing it
- Experience in US government compliance desired but not essential as full training will be given.
- (Dowty offers, and employees who demonstrate the appropriate levels of behaviour and performance are encouraged, to pursue educational and professional development programmes such as CIPS).
GE supports and encourages flexible working arrangements, where possible, and recognises the benefits to employees of having a positive work-life balance.
At GE Aviation we understand the importance of Total Reward. Our flexible benefits plan, called FlexChoice, gives you freedom, choice and flexibility in the way you receive your benefits, as well as giving you the opportunity to make savings where possible.
As a new joiner to GE we are pleased to be able to offer you the following as default in your benefit fund, which you then can tailor to meet your individual needs;
- Non-contributory Pension
- Life Assurance
- Group income protection
- Private medical cover
- Holiday Hourly equivalent of 26 days, with flexible option to buy or sell
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance: BPSS
Right to Work
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, under the applicable UK immigration rules as may be in place from time to time, it may be that candidates who do not currently have the right to work in the UK may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled candidate who does not require sponsorship is available to take up the post. For further information please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 15 Jun 2022
Closes 14 Jul 2022
This job was posted to: Airline buyer