Lead Software Engineer
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England
This role is perfect for anyone looking to grow their career as a software engineer within an exciting industry. As a Lead Software Engineer in our Software and Systems team, you will be responsible for developing complex safety-critical software for a new aircraft electrical power distribution system. You will be passionate about aviation and ensuring high-quality software requirements, and relish designing & writing efficient software code to meet those requirements. You will thrive on solving technical software engineering problems in collaboration with other engineering functions.
You will be joining an inclusive and diverse team of experienced technical systems and software engineers who care about ensuring full lifecycle completeness and consistency. We are committed to improving our project execution through taking a lean and innovative approach to problem-solving and continuous improvement. We share technical knowledge and lessons learnt with others in the team, the department and across the wider engineering organisation. We are passionate about professional growth and developing our team culture, capability & capacity to meet customer needs whilst enabling every engineer to reach their potential through continuous learning. If this sounds like an environment in which you would thrive, then apply now!
The Role & Essential Responsibilities
- Capturing, understanding and documenting the software requirements for the system functionality.
- Creating, updating and maintaining software architecture and designs for implementation in various languages (such as C, Ada, Assembler) dependent upon the power distribution system.
- Understanding and implementing software verification strategies.
- Creating , updating and performing software tests.
- Working to rigorous development standards
Lead presenter of the software aspects in internal and external technical and program reviews.
- Authoring and reviewing technical documentation as required and ensuring compliance with the relevant engineering policies and procedures and standards.
- Leading structured problem-solving projects as required to understand and correct identified problems.
Global Teams: We partner across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximising the design and support capabilities of our global teams. By joining our team, you will commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a strong organisation!
Planning and Delivery: You will provide support to project leadership in planning activities to ensure that the technical scope is accurately captured. You will work to agreed plans and hold yourself and others to account for the agreed priorities and milestones.
Customer Focus: You will effectively collaborate with the customer and other engineering teams and stakeholders to understand the impact of any system changes on the software.
Career Development: By joining GE Aviation at Cheltenham, you will have the opportunity to move projects and roles to provide variety and grow your responsibility as your experience increases.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Hands-on experience in an aviation, automotive or similar embedded software development environment with a proven understanding of working to rigorous industry mandated development standards ( e.g. RTCA DO-178B/C, DAL level A or B, or similar).
- Experience in team-based projects providing direction and coaching to less experienced staff.
- Knowledge of working with complex system designs, for implementation in hardware and software.
- Experience of designing and implementing real-time embedded software, and subsequent verification.
Proficiency in C and assembler.
- Proven ability to execute and solve complex problems autonomously or as part of a cross-functional team.
- A degree from an accredited university or college or equivalent level of knowledge and experience.
- A passion for engineering and sustainability with a keen interest in industry trends and electrification of aircraft will enable you to contribute to the growth of the business portfolio of next generation of market-leading products!
- Full time
- Boeing 777-200 / 300
Posted 15 Jun 2022
Closes 14 Jul 2022
This job was posted to: Software engineer