Senior Environmental Leader - Air Compliance
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
GE Aviation business-level position leading compliance efforts on all air-related issues.
100% remote with travel
Description: GE Aviation business-level position leading compliance efforts on all air-related issues.
- Develop, strategize and execute on short- and long-term goals and objectives for GE Aviation's EHS function, with a focus on air media.
- Coordinate environmental programs and provide environmental assistance to GE Aviation sites, providing practical and technical expertise, advice and solutions.
- Monitor environmental programs for compliance with all applicable federal, state and local government laws and advise management of any issues. Propose business-level environmental policies, programs and initiatives.
- Represent the company to governmental environmental agencies and trade/professional associations. Interface with regulatory agencies to ensure understanding of, and compliance with, all applicable environmental regulations and requirements.
- Track environmental performance metrics and influence management to drive improved EHS performance.
- Prepare comments on proposed environmental regulations.
- Assist GE Aviation sites with air permit applications and supporting documentation and other necessary reports as required.
- Assist GE Aviation sites with environmental compliance activities and compliance schedules.
- Participate in internal and external compliance audits of GE Aviation sites.
- Knowledge of laws and regulations pertaining to environmental operations in geographic regions in which GE Aviation maintains operations.
- Experience with Title V permits.
- Strong technical and influencing skills.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Strong planning, organizational, time management and analytical skills.
- Position requires a minimum of a BS degree and 10+ years of extensive industry experience.
- Experience with ISO 14001 and OSHA requirements.
- 15+ years of industry experience.
- BS degree in Engineering, advanced technical degree or Professional Engineer (PE) license.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 15 Jun 2022
Closes 14 Jul 2022
This job was posted to: Freight