BladeworX Quality Technician
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Springdale, Arkansas, United States
The BladeworX (BWX) Quality Technician will be responsible for the daily execution of assigned tasks and projects. This individual will be self-directed working within defined parameters and work plans to meet day-to-day and short-term objectives of moderate complexity and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
In addition, the BWX Quality Technician will:
- Produce prototype and low - rate production hardware and transition new, turn - key processes into Supply Chain shops
- Operate full - scale equipment such as: CMM, Alicona Optical, Profilometer, Airflow and other inspection equipment
- Effectively use hand gauges such as micrometers, calipers, and borescopes
- Gather, record, compile, and interpret quality control data
- Develop MRB Repairs and inspections on assignment processes, working with engineers and leadership to develop and document process improvements
- Take ownership for assigned lab areas including maintaining equipment, ordering supplies, environmental health and safety, and shop cleanliness
- Work from complex product drawings, manuals, specifications, and other customer / company requirements
- Provide input into design of production inspection tooling and gauging
- Perform first article, in process and final part inspection
- Support Continuous Improvement activities and methods. (ie. RCCA, PFMEA, APQP)
- Participate in internal audit activities (specific to work area and scope of work)
- Daily communication with leadership and customer to solve quality challenges
- Support manufacturing engineering and quality systems during quality control activities
- Support manufacturing engineering with process reviews
- Collect and input process capability data
- Support QC process control activities with Capability Studies, Gage R&R, etc.
- Document / disposition NC's and submit MRB
- Support calibration of gauges
- Advanced inspection techniques (CMM, Optical, Blade IR, Profilometer, etc.)
- High school diploma / GED
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in manufacturing or engineering (an associate degree from an accredited school or institution in an engineering or manufacturing discipline may be substituted for experience)
- Strong Drawing Interpretation and Dimensional Analysis Skills
- This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
- Ability and willingness to work overtime as required to meet business requirements
- Experience in Quality and/or Inspection
- Experience using statistical tools and concepts (Excel, Minitab, etc.)
- Experience developing repairs and associated documentation
- Experience working in a team-based environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Well-developed problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 15 Jun 2022
Closes 14 Jul 2022
This job was posted to: Quality control