Electronics Senior Staff Engineer - Testing
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for execution of laboratory and field validation testing, inspection and data acquisition for use in the design and validation of products and services. Responsible for design and construction of test facilities, instrumentation systems and the development of test software
- Requires specialized knowledge within the function. Influence the development of strategy for the area of responsibility, including control of resources and influences policy formulation.
- Interprets simple internal and external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services. Stays informed of industry trends that may inform work.
- Uses high level of judgment to make decisions and handle complex tasks or problems in areas of operational, product management, manufacturing, technology or engineering. Has ability to assess quality of information given and ask pertinent questions to stakeholders. Able to offer new solutions to problems outside of set parameters and is able to construct and provide recommendations. Uses multiple internal and some external sources outside of own function to help arrive at a decision.
- May lead functional teams or projects with minimal resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity. Communicates difficult concepts and may influence others' options on particular topics. May guide others to consider a different point of view.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Computer Science
- At least 6 additional years of experience in electronics and embedded systems design
- ABET accredited Master's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering and/or extensive experience designing electronics hardware including schematic design, software simulation, breadboard lab testing, circuit board layout, manufacturing, and acceptance testing.
- Experience with Hardware in the Loop Testing
- Mixed signal embedded systems experience including application of microcontrollers or FPGAs.
- FPGA experience interfacing with PCIe or other similar busses. Verilog and/or VHDL
- Experience in precision instrumentation level signal acquisition and data processing.
- System level integration and data alignment across platforms.
- Owning and executing technical roadmaps, developing state of the art systems, and experience planning for long-term support of legacy systems
- Experience with software languages like C++, Java, Python.
- A team-focused mentality with the proven ability to work effectively with diverse stakeholders
- Ability to communicate complex and technical issues to diverse audiences, orally and in writing, in an easily understood, actionable manner
- Established project management skills
- Active or eligible for a US DoD Security Clearance
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 15 Jun 2022
Closes 14 Jul 2022
This job was posted to: Maintenance manager