Lead Electrical Engineer
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England
commercial aircraft platforms and will be involved in the full lifecycle of the product from initial product variants to aftermarket product upgrades.
In this role you will utilize your experience and expertise to solve hardware engineering problems,
within the fields of electrical power and utilities Management to carry out the design of electrical
wiring and products for civil aerospace applications.
Job Description Essential Responsibilities
As the Electrical Engineer - ELMS you will utilize your experience and expertise to support the
production of aviation products to satisfy customer requirements, you will manage, and prioritize,
your workload to drive and resolve engineering, manufacturing, and test issues to support the
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Demonstrate your electrical knowledge in creating and verifying engineering design data for new power management panels as per customer
• Defining the technical definition and instructions for the installation of service bulletins/retrofit packages
• Lead in the proposal process to ensure that sound technical solutions are offered to
• Leverage cross functional
and cross business resources in order to maximize technical results
• Lead field issues and failures investigations, root causes analysis and implementation of
corrective actions, lesson learned issues and consequently design standards updates
• Diagnose and fix design problems in existing and new products
• Lead and participate in design reviews.
• Provide guidance and lessons learned to support new product launches
• Knowledge of electrical design and power distribution of AC and/or DC systems
• Understanding of Electrical design of wiring, relays, contactors, circuit breakers and electrical
• Able to clearly formulate and communicate design concepts.
• Understanding of safety and reliability concepts
• HND/HNC or equivalent from an accredited university or college (or experience of engineering or
other relevant technical experience)
• Familiarity with Hardware engineering processes including requirements definition, design
validation, legacy support, and verification.
• Understanding of configuration control methods.
Experience in the manufacture/repair/update of Electrical Power management systems beneficial.
Have significant experience of working in a team environment delivering products to cost and
GE supports and encourages flexible working arrangements, where possible, and recognises the benefits to employees of having a positive work-life balance.
At GE Aviation we understand the importance of Total Reward. Our flexible benefits plan, called FlexChoice, gives you freedom, choice and flexibility in the way you receive your benefits, as well as giving you the opportunity to make savings where possible. As a new joiner to GE we are pleased to be able to offer you the following as default in your benefit fund, which you then can tailor to meet your individual needs;
•Group income protection
•Private medical cover
•Holiday Hourly equivalent of 26 days, with flexible option to buy or sell
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance: BPSS
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, under the applicable UK immigration rules as may be in place from time to time, it may be that candidates who do not currently have the right to work in the UK may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled candidate who does not require sponsorship is available to take up the post. For further information please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 15 Jun 2022
Closes 14 Jul 2022
This job was posted to: Electrical engineer