Lead Engineer 2 - Mechanical Component
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Westchester, California, United States
Role Summary : As a Lead Engineer, you will be part of a design team responsible for realizing the future of next generation Additive Manufacturing solutions through concept generation, mechanical design, and prototyping. You have experience designing industrial equipment leveraging mechanical aptitude, design analysis, process knowledge, and hands-on skills to create. Successful applicants will an ability to work closely and collaboratively with cross-functional teams to develop designs, push beyond the core ask, and inject innovation. Applicant will be comfortable in a fast-paced work environment driving many projects across all phases of development and will be self-motivated to meet professional commitments.
• Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound Systems Engineering methodology while adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
• Participate on integrated, multi-disciplinary design teams and interface with the product owners and team leads to understand system requirements
• Translate engineering requirements into solid models, generate and detail drawings, and release for manufacture
• Own the design, delivery, and integration of mechanical systems or sub-systems of industrial hardware guided by design practices and aligned to industry safety standards
• Interface with and manage vendors and sub-contractors to manufacture designed products
• Document generated technical data consistent with engineering policies and procedures
• Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments
• Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering
• At least 3 additional years of experience in an engineering position
• Proficient in Siemens NX v12 preferred
• Familiar with PLM environments particularly Windchill
Characteristics : Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to influence others and lead small teams. Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact. Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously. Creative problem identification and solution skills. Ability to manage and prioritized tasks to meet long term project schedules with minimal supervision. Proven analytical and organizational ability. Experience in industrial equipment design and integration.
Other : California Based Roles: Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 15 Jun 2022
Closes 14 Jul 2022
This job was posted to: Aircraft mechanic