Senior UX Design Researcher
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Cincinnati, Indiana, United States
Roles and Responsibilities:
In this role, you will:
- Create specific design principles that capture the vision and critical concerns for a project.
- Propose design or product solutions based on research and synthesis outcomes.
- Select and use appropriate design research methods to address design opportunities.
- Plan, conduct and lead interview sessions with users and stakeholders, including executives.
- Build consensus among individuals and groups.
- Identify and summarize meaningful insights derived from design research
- Lead multiple projects of various sizes in a cross-functional environment
- Advocate for user research and help champion buy in from stakeholders and businesses
- Produce and guide effective documentation of research and testing including notes, photos, video and resulting analysis
- Participate in and begin to influence the business-wide discussions relative to the future direction of user experience initiatives
- Lead evaluation of current and emerging design, technology, industry, and market trends.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with a minimum of 6 years of experience
- Ability to create basic project plans for UX projects or the UX portion of a larger development project
- Experience leading individual interviews/workshops with individual contributors.
- Experience creating research protocols with guidance.
- Ability to select appropriate research methods to answer questions and develop holistic understanding of user and customer needs.
- Deep knowledge and previous experience with research tools such as Morae Observer, Camtasia, Axure, InVision, and Omniture
- Mastery of Agile / Lean UX methodologies
- Understanding of key cross-functional concepts that impact the company, business priorities, & organizational dynamics.
- Keeps current on industry landscape; ability to map industry trends to internal vision.
- Ability to communicate effectively with various stakeholder groups.
- Understanding of key principles of design thinking and research, what it is and why it is important. Explores all ideas, regardless of their source.
- Understands that designing, validating, developing and deploying products and services for infrastructure-level domains requires attention to complexities between systems.
- Works to create an understanding of how individual people and things fit within larger structures (like systems or organizations), as well as the relationships between parts of a system and the system as a whole.
- Experience translating user-centered design requirements into technical implementations for projects, measuring deliverables and balancing competing objectives.
- Ability to clearly articulate technology options to collaborators on cross functional teams.
- Understands the value of a rigorous and transparent decision-making process.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and cross-business teams to assist in driving broad-reaching solutions across the function / business.
- Ability to inspire and influence change
- Ability to contribute to constructive conversations utilizing active listening and validating the information needs of stakeholders and users.
- Demonstrated deep passion for learning and courage to push the boundaries of one's own thinking.
- History of learning and integrating new methods to drive improved outcomes.
This Job Description is intended to provide a high level guide to the role. However, it is not intended to amend or otherwise restrict/expand the duties required from each individual employee as set out in their respective employment contract and/or as otherwise agreed between an employee and their manager.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, nation
- Full time
Posted 15 Jun 2022
Closes 14 Jul 2022
This job was posted to: Design engineer