Staff Mechanical Engineer
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with a closely integrated team of engineers and scientists to design the next generation of jet engine turbomachinery.
- Work closely with internal and external manufacturing organizations to deliver hardware for rig, core, and full engine testing.
- Develop and implement plans to ensure that contract requirements are fulfilled.
- Lead efforts to solve both technical and schedule related problems.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to other personnel.
- Present work to subject matter experts and program leaders at technical reviews.
- Participate in technical reviews as a reviewer.
- Ensure work is thoroughly documented.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Aeronautical Engineering.
- At least 5 additional years of experience in an aerospace or mechanical engineering position.
- Ability to maintain or obtain a Government Security Clearance.
- Highly motivated, self-starter who is passionate about inventing the next generation of aviation technology.
- Experience in the design, analysis, manufacture or testing of mechanical components.
- Experience in the use of advanced materials such as polymer matrix composites or ceramic matrix composites is a plus.
- Flexible, friendly, and collaborative approach to working in teams.
- Outstanding mentoring skills and a strong desire to help others succeed
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Uncompromising desire to ensure the safety of the US military and public as well as that of fellow employees.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 15 Jun 2022
Closes 14 Jul 2022
This job was posted to: Aircraft mechanic