Lead Manufacturing Specialist - Projects & Initiatives
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Lynn, Alabama, United States
The job allows modification of procedures and practices covering work as long as the end results meet standards of acceptability (quality, volume, timeliness etc.).
Roles and Responsibilities
- Define processes, IT tools, trainings, value stream, etc. to be used by the manufacturing community.
- Bachelor's Degree accredited college or university (or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in SPECIFIC experience) + Minimum of 3 years of (SPECIFIC) experience
- Includes direct people management responsibility including staffing and performance development. Utilizes in-depth knowledge of a technical discipline and analytical thinking and technical experience to execute policy/strategy.
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
- Uses some judgment and has some ability to propose different solutions outside of set parameters to address more complicated manufacturing processes with technical variety and/or interdependent production cycles. Uses technical experience and analytical thinking. Uses multiple internal and limited external sources outside of own teams to arrive at decisions.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. May lead small projects with low risks and resource requirements. Explains information; developing skills to bring team members to consensus around topics within field. Conveys performance expectations and may handle sensitive issues.
- Bachelor's Degree accredited college or university (or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in manufacturing experience)
- Minimum of 3 years of manufacturing experience
- Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn
- Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively
- Focused: quick learner, strategically prioritizes work, committed
- Leadership ability: strong communicator, decision-maker, collaborative
- Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 15 Jun 2022
Closes 14 Jul 2022
This job was posted to: Project manager