Staff Engineer - Mechanical Design
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
The NGP Military Staff Engineer role will build and leverage multiple skill sets including project execution, technical leadership, analysis, design, and hardware ownership. You will lead the design activities and integration with manufacturing. You will be in charge of interaction and collaboration with Engine Systems teams and you will collaborate to integrate innovative technologies being developed into the design.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of the engine using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements.
- In-depth understanding of key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work. In-depth understanding of how work of own team integrates with other teams and contributes to the area.
- Prepare and present technical data to customers
- Provide technical leadership and engineering support to team supporting the design
- Document technical data generated by the assigned project consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Developing in-depth knowledge of a technical discipline. Uses prior experience and acquired technical expertise to execute policy/strategy
- Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments
- Participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and generic issues
- Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews
- Prepare invention disclosures to protect the technology that provides a competitive advantage to the business
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Computer Science
- At least 8 additional years of experience in an engineering position
- Ability to obtain and maintain U.S. Government Security Clearance
- Extensive experience in the design, testing, and certification of hardware
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Outstanding mentoring skills and a strong desire to help others succeed
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 15 Jun 2022
Closes 14 Jul 2022
This job was posted to: Aircraft mechanic