Staff Engineer - Mechanical Design
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Westchester, California, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
• Role will focus on supporting new Repair development and updates for existing repairs to improve Service contract profitability
• Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements. This work would include mechanical and/or electrical engineering for all products
• Requires specialized knowledge within the function. Influence the development of strategy for the area of responsibility, including control of resources and influences policy formulation.
• Interprets simple internal and external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services. Stays informed of industry trends that may inform work.
• Uses high level of judgment to make decisions and handle complex tasks or problems in areas of operational, product management, manufacturing, technology or engineering. Has ability to assess quality of information given and ask pertinent questions to stakeholders. Able to offer new solutions to problems outside of set parameters and is able to construct and provide recommendations. Uses multiple internal and some external sources outside of own function to help arrive at a decision.
• May lead functional teams or projects with minimal resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity. Communicates difficult concepts and may influence others' options on particular topics. May guide others to consider a different point of view.
• Bachelor of Science in an Engineering discipline (Mechanical, Aerospace or similar)
• At least 8 additional years of experience in an engineering position or 6 years with a Master's degree in Engineering
• Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems. Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 15 Jun 2022
Closes 14 Jul 2022
This job was posted to: Aircraft mechanic