Lead Engineer - Controls Systems Design
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Lynn, Alabama, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design, implementation, and testing of closed loop control systems for aviation engine applications.
- Implement embedded engine software compliant with software plans and standards.
- Test embedded engine software in both simulation and dry rig hardware in the loop environments.
- Support engine program design reviews, test planning, and other control systems activities.
- Identify, develop, evaluate, introduce, and manage engineering solutions for product control and control system technology needs.
- Apply control theory and mathematical modeling to design and control systems with desired behaviors. Includes operability, setting of boundaries, cycle optimization, control logic, control related software, sensors, hardware and software algorithms, and feedback to control the performance of devices, subsystems, and systems.
- Coordinate with airframers and end customers to develop rotorcraft propulsion requirements and interfaces
- Provide technical leadership to personnel supporting the assigned project.
- Document technical data generated by the assigned project consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
- Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments.
- Participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and issues.
- Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews.
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering field from an accredited university or college
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in an engineering environment
- Must be a US Citizen and must be able to obtain and hold a Clearance.
- Experience in design, implementation, test, and certification of real-time embedded software.
- Control System Software/Hardware Architecture and integrated design.
- Knowledge in real time software development for embedded systems.
- Knowledge of aircraft controls and digital electronic control systems.
- Experience with requirements documentation and analysis.
- Familiarity using the following tools: DOORS, Synergy/Change, MATLab Simulink or SCADE, NPSS
- Familiarity with military software qualification with DO-178B/C or commercial aviation software certification.
- Working knowledge of Python languages.
- Firm understanding of the software development process with focus on Model Based Development.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to influence others and lead small teams.
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Effective problem identification and solution skills.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 14 Jun 2022
Closes 13 Jul 2022
This job was posted to: Product support